Mangaluru: Senior Chamber International Mangalore Legion organized Leader Shift a Training Seminar for the Presidents, Secretaries, Treasurers and other Directors of Area B, C and of Senior Chamber International on 25 June 2023 at Kalaangan Auditorium, Shakti Nagar Mangalore. The Training Seminar was inaugurated by National President Snr Consulate Prof. Varghese Vaidyan and Guest of Honour Snr Consulate Kedige Aravind Rao in the presence of Secretary General Snr PPF Jose Kandoth, National Vice President of Area B Snr PPF Naveen Amin Area C, Snr PPF Hari Prasad Rai Area B, Snr PPF Pretham Shenoy Area H.
National Director for Management Snr KPA Rahman, National Director G and D Snr Chitra Kumar, National Director for Community Service Snr PPF M R Jayesha, Past National Secretary General Snr PPF Nagesh were the resource persons for the event and total of 108 delegates from over 30 Legions across Karnataka participated in the Training Seminar.
President of SCI Mangalore Legion Snr Ashok MK, IPP and ISC Coordinator Snr PPF Kishore Fernandes Legion Secretary Snr Heera Chand, Legion Treasurer Snr PPF Suresh MS and Snr Dattatreya, Program Director were present on behalf of Host SCI Mangalore Legion.
In this training, sessions were held on the duties of the president, secretaries, treasurers, directors, and general body members about their duties and responsibilities by various faculties.
About Senior Chamber International
• The unique organization Senior Chamber International is started by the alumni of JCI Junior Chamber International, the largest individual development organization in the world.
• The present membership norms stipulate that only the members who have crossed the age of 40 years from JCI and other NGO’s to be admitted into this organisation.
• Founded with a few past Jaycees of Calicut, Kerala on 3 April 1997.
• Motto ‘Responsible and Active Citizenship ‘
• Founder President Snr. PP Premanand and PD Hari Prabha as Secretary General.
• It became National in the year 2002 under the name Indian Senior Chamber.
• In 2021 the organisation was officially registered as ‘Senior Chamber International ‘.
• In 2021 ‘Senior Chamber International Foundation’ is formed and many foundation Honors like PPF, SDP SPP, SGP, SSP were Instituted.
• Now the organization got about 150 legions (local units) and 3000 plus members spread over various states of India and other countries like Dubai, Oman, Qatar, USA and Nepal
• The permanent Secretariat of SCI is functioning at Vyapar Bhavan, Calicut.
• SCl is doing commendable service to the community since its beginning, 25 years back. Every year, emphasis is given to a particular area as National President’s theme. Save Our Planet, War Against Waste, Eradication of Plastic, Tree planting, Environment Protection, Jaladhara (Safe Drinking Water Project) were some of which have had a tremendous impact on society.
• This year onwards emphasising our organisational Motto ‘Responsible and Active Citizenship’ the Senior Chamber International Foundation shall distribute Scholarships to the needy selected students pursuing Professional courses. The corpus for this noble cause is set aside through the SCI Foundation Contributions received from the SCI Legions in the form of Consulate, PPF etc.
• The year 2023-24 is being celebrated as the Silver Jubilee Year of the SCI with the theme: Go for Gold.
• In this year we have widened our scope of community development programs like the distribution of 250 wheelchairs, 250 sewing machines for women’s empowerment, eyeglass donations, teaching aids to thousands of needy students etc.
SCI Mangalore Legion was inaugurated on 30 Jan 2016 under the dynamic leadership of Snr Dr Kedige Arvinda Rao as the Charter President. The legion was extended by the National Governing Board 2015-16 when Snr Consulate B Jayarajan was the National President. Since its inception SCI Mangalore has created a niche in the Senior Chamber with lots of extensions of new legions every year, hosting many national governing board meetings, regional conferences and many other national programs and winning many recognitions and awards.
Charter President Snr Dr Kedige Arvinda Rao, with his leadership capabilities, served earlier as the National Vice President, and National Director and finally was unanimously elected as the 20th National President of the organization for the year 2021-22. Dr Kedige is the First National President to be elected from outside the state of Kerala and the very first from Karnataka.
The National President with his slogan ‘WE for Victory’ Dr Kedige Arvinda Rao has given wonderful leadership to the organization and has given a new dimension to the Senior Chamber movement with many historic benchmark achievements in 2021-22. A few are listed below.
1. Introduction of unique Contest Rule Point system
2. Introduced for the first time Permanent Project – ‘JALADHARA’ the NP’s Flagship Program for the Installation of Safe Drinking Water Units at the Legion level.
3. Registered the organisation as Senior Chamber International
4. Instituted Senior Chamber International Foundation Honors and Scholarship
5. Started First All Lady Legion – Shivamogga Bhavana, the 3rd Centurion Legion.
6. First International NGB and Dubai Tour with 43 Delegates
7. Started 33 New Legions –which is a record so far in SCI history.
8. Started 2 International Legions Muscat and Qatar
9. Started First Legions at Goa and Odisha.
10. Chaired The SCI Concourse Parikrama ’22 with a record 700 plus delegates.
SCI Mangalore is proud of this great achievement and performance. It’s all possible through the active participation, contributions, Teamwork and commitment exhibited by all the dynamic members of SCI Mangalore in all these years.
SCI Mangalore Achievements
SCI National Concourse ‘Meraki’, 2023 was held on 11 and 12 March 2023 at Mahe, Kerala. 16 members registered for the National Concourse and actively participated. The following awards and recognitions were received from NP Snr. Bharath Das.
1. Outstanding C D Programme award.
2. Contest rule winner award.
3. Most Outstanding Seniorette Wing Award.
4. Special recognition for C D Programmes.
5. Recognition for PST Meet.
6. Award of appreciation for JALADHARA Programmes.
7. Two Star extension award.
• Also, NP’s Special recognition awarded to Snr. PPF. Flavy D’Mello, Secretary Mangalore Legion for her achievement as Mrs India International Pageant Winner.
Images Description1) Feedback by Participant 2) Host And Guests 3) NP Inaugurating the Seminar 4) Participants Group Photo 6) Training Session 2 By NP 7) Training Session 3 by ND Training 8) Training Session 4 by ND Community Development 9) Training Session 5 By Past National Secretary General 10) Training session 6 By NVP